Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Experiment and Tradition - Journal Assigments - Dreams and things I've seen that would make good lines for poems

Dreams

I had a dream a couple of days ago that involved two friends I haven't thought about in years; indeed, I haven't seen them in decades. They arrived in a blue car that looked like it came from The Flintstones. They stopped and started beckoning me to come to the vehicle. As I was walking toward them, a man came up and shot them both in the head. They seemed fine and continued to beckon me. I started running away and they started chasing me in the car. I found myself trapped against a wall, they were just about to hit me when I woke up.

I was in a room full of strangers at some kind of party. Everyone seemed to know each other - I knew no one. I tried talking to a couple of people but they just ignored me. I decided to leave but couldn't find a door, I started screaming that I wanted to get out. Suddenly all the people at the party started coming at me with weapons. I threw a chair through a window to escape, but as quickly as the window broke, it repaired itself. I found a hole in the floor and jumped through it but half way down, the hole shrunk around me and I was trapped. They continued to come after me, but never got close enough to do me any harm.

I dreamed I was sleeping and was awakened by the sounds of dogs barking. I looked out the window and saw thousands of different types of dogs surrounding my house. They suddenly stopped barking and one of the dogs started talking. It told me that I needed to throw all my clothes out the window. I grabbed everything from my closet and threw it out to them. The dogs started fighting over the clothes and many dogs were killed. Finally, the remaining dogs started putting on my clothes - which amazingly fit them all very well. The dogs then left. I then heard a knock on the door and when I looked, there was one dog there, wearing no clothes. I opened the door and the dog pounced on me and began yelling that I hadn't given him any clothes. We went up to my room and found an old pair of jeans and shirt. He put them on and left.

The phone rang and I picked it up and said hello. There was no one on the other end; indeed, the phone continued to ring even after I picked it up. Part of the handset of the phone turned into a hand and pulled me into the mouthpiece. I discovered I was in a refrigerator. All of the food was bigger than me. I decided I was hungry and lifted up a huge piece of bacon and started nibbling on it. The door to the refrigerator opened and it was my now dead father. Dad was my size and had been standing on a stool to open the door. He told me he had something he had to tell me. Unfortunately, I woke up before I "heard" what he had to say.

Interesting lines I've encountered

He had already been killed before.
Don't give up, wait, I think you should give up.
I would like a peace (sic) of that lemon meringue pie.
I would love to see you with your clothes on.

Instructor Feedback

Once again, Jim, like the assignments in our last module, Music and Metaphor, poems and subjects to write about are everywhere, everything. What we need to know, though, is simply where to look. Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment