Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Plot, Perspective and Point of View - Journal Assignment - Additional Distance Exercise

The sixteen year old pulled open the rusting door of the nursing home. It was the middle of winter and he had grabbed the wrong coat on his way out the door; subsequently, he was cold and in a foul mood. Kevin walked up to the front desk and asked what room Rita Sampson was in. Once he got that information he slowly made his way to her room. He tried to ignore the old people sitting in wheelchairs doing absolutely nothing, but he had to stick his head in the door when he heard a woman continually asking for tapioca pudding. Realizing she was fine, he went to the next room. “Hi, Aunt Rita, it’s Kevin.”
“Kevin,” his aunt said, “please come in, it’s so nice of you to come and visit me. I’m just finishing up my dinner, could I offer you some tapioca pudding?”
“I guess I’ll have some, it seems to be very popular.” Kevin took a spoonful and despite having his mouthful said, “Wow, this is delicious, though I’m sure you’d rather not have had to break your hip to enjoy it.”
“Unfortunately, the pudding is one of the only pleasures I have here.”

Instructor Feedback
Distance is a bit off here, Jim, but from my feedback above and studying pg. 91 I think you can correct it. And remember, these concepts (plus, the one's from our last module) should be on your mind as you write and rewrite your current story. Moreover, the concepts we learn this semester are tools to plant and weed memorable story-gardens. Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment