Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Experiment and Tradition - Journal Assignment - How We Keep In Touch

How We Keep in Touch

Two people from two different hemispheres,
under a single roof.
They are wrinkled and move at half speed,
but they feel healthy.

One causes pain,
The other thinks
they are a match.

The organ seems to move,
but the brain seem to be thinking differently,
as it controls judgment.

Blue and yellow flames light the way
through a maze.
It affects how each one will touch the other.
They run straight in a group.

Instructor Feedback

I think it's the "restrive" aspect of this assignment that intrigues me, Jim. No matter how many semesters I have students dig out poems from this article, everybody makes it original and uniquely theirs. My point: our poems, our writing, is as individual as our personal experiences, interests, and whims. As a poet, that's a sign of hope and relief to me.
Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment